I know that most people think of going to the local sheriff’s dept, when they need information on arrest warrants. Similarly, I have seen landlords and businesses often approaching the law enforcement agency when they need arrest records search or criminal check done on prospective tenants or associates.
When it comes to the second scenario and you need third party criminal court records, going to the police does seem like a viable option. But, I highly recommend that you do no such thing if you are looking for an outstanding warrant in your name.
When should I look online for details on arrest warrants from Alexander County, NC?
- If you know for a fact that you have an active warrant against you, particularly if this arrest order has been issued in the county and state that you are currently residing in, it is best to stay away from the local precinct. You will be taken into custody, no matter how trivial the offense.
- In fact, I would say, do not go to the sheriff’s office to even find information on arrest warrants issued in the name of a family member. The cops may presume this to be an attempt to help a suspect on the run.
That said, I also want to clarify that unlike a lot of other counties in North Carolina, the police of Alexander are not very open when it comes to details on outstanding warrants and their arrest log.
Where can I go for a warrants list in Alexander County?
The sheriff’s office: I recommend that you approach the records division of the sheriff’s dept if you are a victim of a crime or are seeking a warrant search on third parties. Visit the lobby of the sheriff’s office, which is located at 29 West Main Avenue, Taylorsville, North Carolina 28681, and they will guide you through the procedure. If you are victim of a crime or represent an insurance company, you can get this information through mail or fax but not otherwise. Just understand that the agency will not give you all the information they have in the police blotter.
The clerk of court’s office: This agency is always second on my list of places to go to for criminal records. The advantage in this case is that you get access to the court docket database, which means that you can also find out about any civil actions against the subject. To get in touch with the clerk of court, go to 29 W Main Ave, Taylorsville, NC 28681, USA.
What information can I get online when looking for criminal records from Alexander County?
Now, there are two options to get a criminal records search done online. You can either compile the titbits that you get from the websites of state agencies or you can pay a small fee for a complete background search. As far as state agencies go, this is what is available:
- You will find details on the most wanted suspects from the website of the sheriff at https://alexandersheriff.org/.
- Information on cold cases is also available on the site at https://alexandersheriff.org/cold-cases/ along with the sex offender registry at http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/search.aspx.
- Finally, you can get information on citations and can even pay your tickets online by visiting the site of NC courts at http://onlineservices.nccourts.org/.
While on the website of the judiciary, I suggest you take a look at the court calendar as well. You can scour through this database by using the name of the litigant. So, this is one way, albeit round-about, to know if your subject has any open cases in his/her name.