Is It Possible To Access An Arrest Report Or Warrants List Through Official Sources In Hertford, NC?
When doing a warrant search in Hertford, NC, I could not find any information from the sheriff’s website. They do not offer access to their police blotter in any form. This I can understand because the police reports contain sensitive information; plus, the blotter also includes details on arrest warrants.
However, I was surprised that the sheriff’s office posts photographs of the county’s most wanted but not the area’s arrest records. Usually, you will find an arrest log in the form of an inmate list. But not from this law enforcement agency. You can seek criminal court records from the clerk’s office, but they would only include an arrest report about your subject and not the details on all recent detentions or a warrant list.
Call me a cynic, but I genuinely believe that the availability of a criminal check online helps to keep people aware of the anti-social elements working around them. That said, take a look at how you can find crime-related data from law enforcement and the judiciary.
How do I get the police to cooperate with my criminal check?
- Go to the sheriff’s office: The agency can be approached at 701, North Taylor Street, Winton, NC 27986, USA. You can get in touch with the administrative division and request them to find arrest information and details on outstanding warrants in your subject’s name.
You can mail in the request for a background search to PO Box 176 at the address above. I would suggest that you talk to the agency and let them know of your offer before choosing the best way to contact them for the information you need. You can call them on 252-358-7800.
- Compiling a warrants list through the information on most wanted suspects: Unfortunately, once again, you are only given access to limited data here. You will find a photograph of the suspect and the person’s full name and other identifiers but no details about the charges against him. To get the most wanted list, you can go to https://www.hertfordcountync.gov/departments/public_safety/sheriffs_office/hertford_countys_most_wanted/index.php.
- Access the list of active cases: You can get little details on criminal occurrences on https://www.hertfordcountync.gov/community/public_notices.php. But the information may not be up to date, and you don’t get to know about the suspect.
What can I do to get Hertford County criminal court records from the Clerk’s Office?
The Clerk of Superior Court of Hertford County works out of 119 Justice Drive, Winton, NC 27986, and the agency can help you out in two ways with your offender search.
- They will allow you to look through their court docket database for free. But this service is not available online, which means that you are left with the only other options- that of visiting them.
- You can send in your request for an offender search by mail, but then you will have to pay $25 for it.
In both cases, you will need the name and the date of birth of the subject to access the arrest reports. However, with a self-conducted search, you will also be able to access details on civil court cases that involve your person of interest.
In contrast, with a paid inquiry, you get a certified copy of the background search report. However, the inquiry is name-based and not fingerprint-based, which means that it won’t amount to an official capacity.