I will give you a forewarning here- If you are interested in accessing a warrants list for Durham, NC, you have an uphill road awaiting you, exceptionally if you choose to go through the state agencies. Let me take the example of the sheriff’s dept. When you approach law enforcement for a warrant search, they conveniently show you to the office of the Clerk of Superior Court.
Yes, they do offer an arrest log through their website along with some police reports. The latter has no information on the offenders, so it would hardly qualify as the police blotter. The judiciary is more helpful when it comes to criminal court records, but they too don’t offer a warrant list.
Put, if you need details on arrest warrants, you will have to get the criminal check done through a private agency or information provider. That said, take a look at what is on offer from state players and find details on approaching them.
How do I get an arrest log from the police in Durham?
- Launch an offender search online: Members of the community, who are looking for the arrests log, get some consolation in the form of the inmate search tool offered on the site of the sheriff’s dept. You can find details on all arrests made in the last 30 days down to the previous 24 hours. The log includes information on charges filed along with the full name of the detainee.
- Take your inquiry on arrest reports to the sheriff’s office: You can get details on active warrants by visiting the sheriff’s office, but this facility is only made available to attorneys and judiciary members. If you qualify for it, you can avail of this service by going to 510 S Dillard St, Durham, NC 27701, USA. You will be charged $10 for the warrant search if you pay in cash or $13 if you pay by credit card.
- Check out social media pages: The sheriff’s office posts a few arrest mug shots on their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/DurhamCountySheriffsOffice/. You will also get information on some of the cold cases, along with community news and alerts.
- Get information on service calls and civil processes: The sheriff’s website also allows limited access to the police log, in the sense that you can find details about service calls at http://www.durhamsheriff.com/community/public-information/calls-for-service and civil processes at https://www.hertfordcountync.gov/departments/public_safety/sheriffs_office/index.php.
How do I find criminal court records from the office of the Clerk of Superior Court of Durham?
The clerk of court works out of the same location as the sheriff. You will find arrest records from the police if need be or approach the judiciary for your criminal check. The latter can be done in two ways.
- You can access the paid warrant search facility by spending $25. This can also be done by mailing your warrant inquiry request to the address above. You will need to pay the fees by money order or certified check, and it will take a bit longer to get the results of the background check, but the report will be approved.
- You can look for a specific criminal docket or the history of court cases in the name of your subject by searching the judicial database maintained by the clerk’s office. Unless you take printouts of the report, this service can be availed for free.