Without preamble, I am going to tell you that you will not find the police blotter, details on arrest warrants or the arrest records for Rutherford from the Sheriff’s webpage. Again, a classic case of an agency that holds back information vital to community safety like the warrants list and the arrest log, just because they are sharing their web resources with county governance.
I could gather bits and pieces of information from the most wanted suspects’ page, which I used to create a basic warrant list for the area. But, this would certainly not qualify as in depth police reports. Based on this, I am assuming that you will not be able to get a criminal check done from this agency even if you drive down to their office. Now, I am sure this leaves you with the question:
What can I do to get arrest records or launch a warrant search through state agencies?
- Approach the Sheriff’s Dept: You can go to the sheriff’s office if you suspect the involvement of a person in a criminal matter. The law enforcement agency works out of 198 N Washington St, Rutherfordton, NC 28139, USA. I would ask you to call the records clerk and talk about your arrest or warrant inquiry before actually heading to the Sheriff’s Office. Call on 828-287-6251 to connect with the records division.
- Connect with the County Jail Authorities: You can get arrest records from the County Detention Center. However, they will only offer details on individuals who are currently held at the facility. So, this is not going to be an arrest report in the traditional sense. The Detention Center is located in the same building as the Sheriff’s Office and you can reach them at 828-287-6160.
- Call on the Office of the Clerk of Court: This is the only agency that offers the facility to search for criminal court records for free as well as for a fee. You can launch an offender search through this agency by paying $25 for it and get a certified copy of the background check report. Alternatively, you can access their court docket database by using the public help terminals in the lobby. This service is free but you will have to pay for printouts. To get in touch with the Clerk’s Office, go to 229 N. Main St, Suite 203, Rutherfordton, NC 28139.
Can I get any criminal court records from Rutherford online?
- The most wanted list: I already discussed this earlier. At the time of writing this article, there used to be a most wanted page, however it had no listings or pertinent information. After checking back, the list appears to have been removed all-together.
- The court calendar: This service comes courtesy of the NC Courts. You will find the tool at http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/Criminal.html and you can use it to know about the cases that will be heard in the next 1-2 days. Although this does not qualify as a search for a court docket, it may very well work as a starting point for an inquiry into the court cases against your subject.
NC offender search: The service at http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view will get you details on all active and past inmate serving time in state penitentiaries. If your person of interest was incarcerated in any NC Correctional Center at any point in the last decade, you are likely to find information about it through this tool.