I always hope to provide a bunch of online resources for information on arrest records and the area’s warrants list, but that is not possible all the time. Fortunately, in Wake County, the law enforcement agency is quite generous when it comes to sharing the boat loads of information they have in their police blotter.
So in this article, I am going to show you how you can find an arrest report and criminal court records over the internet. Plus, I am going to tell you about ways to approach state agencies to get a criminal check done.
Basically, you can find all other crime related data on the website of state agencies, except for a warrant list. So, I am also going to tell you about how you can access information on arrest warrants. This and more coming further; continue reading…
How do I get arrest records and data pertaining to arrest warrants from Wake County?
I am going to answer this question by first discussing all the online resources available for accessing arrest reports and the police log:
- Initiate an offender search: This is an easy one! The police provides you a tool to find all offenders who are currently held in the County Jail. You will need the name of the subject for the arrest inquiry. In fact, even the last name will suffice. The facility is available at http://p2c.wakeso.net/jailinmates.aspx. The criminal search results contain arrest mug shots, details on charges and bail bonds.
- Look for police reports on specific events: The event search facility is available at http://p2c.wakeso.net/Summary_Disclaimer.aspx. If you have the case number, this is the fastest way to find the police log pertaining to it. If not, you can use the date of occurrence or the name of the victim/suspect to access the records. I want to clarify that this is a search for criminal incidents. So, you may/may not find information on the suspect or the arrestee from this facility.
- Go through the daily log: I believe this is the closest you will get to accessing the complete police blotter kept by the agency. The daily log contains information on arrests, citations and summons issued, incidents investigated and more. In other words, save for details on active warrants, all other crime related data is available on the page at http://p2c.wakeso.net/dailybulletin.aspx.
- The most up-to-date arrest records: You can also find information on recent arrests from the service offered by the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification at https://dwslivescan.co.wake.nc.us/mug/MugshotSearch.aspx.
- Getting a warrant search handled by the agency: You may have noticed that so far I have spoken about all types of crime related records except for arrest warrants. For this information, you will have to take the trouble of visiting the Sheriff’s Office. It is located at 330 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA.
Apart from the website of the local law enforcement office, you can also find recent arrest reports from the WRAL website at http://www.wral.com/wake-county-nc-arrest-photos/8981628/.
Can I get a criminal check handled by approaching a judicial agency in Wake?
The Clerk of Court’s Office is the only agency that handles background check requests. The agency can be contacted through their:
- Main office at 316 Fayetteville St. Mall, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Alternate office at 300 S. Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
- You can write to the agency at PO Box 351, Raleigh, NC 27602