I am often asked what kind of information can be expected from a warrant search in Caldwell County. To this, I say that if you are going to the sheriff’s dept. for your inquiry on arrest warrants, don’t expect much. My revelation inevitably prompts the next question- But don’t the cops keep all arrest records and a warrant list as well?
Of course they do! In fact, I’d say the police blotter has in it all the criminal records that you can imagine. But, they are not likely to help you with your warrant check. So, today we are going to talk about what kind of information you can get from the different state agencies that keep criminal court records.
What options do I have to get a criminal check done through the police of Caldwell?
Some of the criminal records held by the sheriff’s department are put up on their website and their social media account but if you want an in depth background check or the police reports pertaining to a specific court cases, you will need to approach the agency in person. Take a look at what is on offer:
- Finding an arrest log online: The best way to do so is to check the inmate list on the website of the sheriff at http://www.caldwellcountync.org/sheriff. On your left hand side, you will see the option to access the pdf file that has information on current detainees, including the date on which they were arrested and the charges filed against them. While most of the arrest records are quite recent, some go back to 2015.
- Looking for arrest mug shots on social media: Although Caldwell police do not offer access to their most wanted list on their site, there is information on some cold cases, wanted suspects and even recent arrest mugshots on their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/ncccso/. Plus, you can find a lot of general information about what is happening in your neighborhood. So, I’d say, it is worth spending a few minutes browsing through their entries.
- Getting a background check done through the sheriff’s office: The last option for getting an arrest report and possibly a warrants list through the police is to visit the agency office. They work out of 2351 Morganton Blvd SW, Lenoir, NC 28645, USA. Once there, ask to speak with a deputy from the records division and they will help you to get the required information. You can only visit them from Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm for such inquiries.
Can I get arrest records for Caldwell from the Clerk of Court’s Office?
If I were to compare the information offered, I’d say that the Clerk of Superior Court is the better bet. The agency maintains the criminal docket database. So, they are likely to have the same arrest records and outstanding warrants related information as the police. To initiate a warrant search through this agency, you can:
- Visit the office at 216 Main St NW, Lenoir, NC 28645, USA and use the public service terminals to go through the arrest records held by them. This is a free service and as long as you have the name and the date of the birth of your subject, you can access the criminal records in his/her name.
- Send them a request for a warrant check by mail at PO Box 1376, Lenoir, NC 28645. This is a paid service, which will cost you $25. You can find more information about the paid criminal check facility on the website of NC court at http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/GoToCourt/Obtainsingle.asp.