What Is The Best Option For A Warrant Search Or Arrest Records Inquiry In Richmond, NC?
Another law enforcement office proved my inference about the online availability of arrest records and the warrants list. Before you get click-happy and visit their website, let me tell you that you will not find an arrest log or details on arrest warrants on it. You will be surprised to know that the Sheriff’s Dept has only a single web page on the county of Richmond’s website.
This is what I was talking about when I said that they proved me right. My understanding is simple, how and why will an agency offer essential information like a warrant list or their arrest log online when they don’t maintain an entire website for themselves?
In fact, given their careful approach to the release of criminal court records, I am pretty sure you won’t get your hands on their police blotter even if you approach the agency office in person. And, that brings us back to our question:
How exactly am I going to get a criminal check done in Richmond?
Before answering that question, I will take a minute to talk about the general response to a background check. Typically, when you approach a state agency or even a private information provider for a warrant search, you get three things:
- Details on the active warrants issued against the subject.
- A complete arrest report includes data on the arrest’s time and location, the charges filed against the person, and bail bond information.
- Data about the criminal court cases that involve the subject. This will include details on the verdict, sentencing, time spent at the incarceration facility, and release.
Now, save for information on outstanding warrants, you can find everything else by launching an arrest inquiry through the office of the Clerk of the Superior Court. If you are only looking for an arrest report, you can get this by reaching out to the Sheriff’s Dept.
If the person of interest is currently in custody, you will get information on charges, etc., from the local jail. The police may also help you with details on arrest warrants as long as they investigate the matter.
How do I get in touch with state agencies for the arrest report I need?
- The Sheriff’s Office: Go to 1 Court St, Rockingham, NC 28379, the USA, to connect with the law enforcement agency in person. It would help your cause to call them beforehand on 910-997-8283.
- The County Jail: Same address as above
- The Clerk of Superior Court: You can visit this agency or contact them through mail at 105 W Franklin St, Rockingham, NC 28379.
While you will have to visit the County Jail and the Sheriff’s office in person, you can get the offender search done via mail through the Clerk of Court’s office. Since this is a paid service, you will need to send a certified check or a money order of $25 to the agency.
For offering information about the subject of your inquiry, use the form at http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/112.pdf. It generally takes about a week to receive a response from the agency. You will get a certified copy of the report, which can be used in a limited sense for employment purposes.