When I am asked how regular folks can seek arrest records and details on arrest warrants, I always like to offer a list of both online and offline resources. While I cannot always provide online options for a criminal check for all areas, the Sheriff’s Dept of Wilson County does offer a significant amount of information from their police blotter on their website.
So, I will tell you about data that you can get online and the details you will have to seek in person. Typically, suppose it’s a warrants list that you are looking for or any information about outstanding warrants in general. In that case, you will either have to go to the law enforcement officers to get it or conduct the warrant inquiry through a private investigation service/agency.
On the other hand, I have always found it easy to get my hands on an arrest report. In fact, with a few clicks and you can access the arrest log for Wilson in a matter of seconds. That is really how simple it is. So, let us start by discussing how you should go about handling a criminal check.
How do I access details on arrest warrants and Wilson’s arrest log from the Sheriff’s Office?
- Check for police reports on specific incidents: If you have the case number of a particular criminal incident or any other information about it, as the date of occurrence or the location, you can use the incident search tool to get information on it. But, I must warn you that you will not get information on the suspect/s from this source. You will, however, be able to access the arrest report. The facility is offered on http://p2c.wilsonnc.org/Summary_Disclaimer.aspx.
- Get a warrants list going by looking at the wanted suspects’ page: The compilation on http://p2c.wilsonnc.org/wantedlist.aspx not only has information on the area’s most wanted but just about everybody who has active warrants in his/her name. So, if an arrest order was ever released in the name of your subject in Wilson, you will find out about it here.
- Access the police log for the day for an arrest inquiry: Now, this is essentially a large part of the police blotter made available online. If you leave out details on arrest warrants, you will find everything else in the daily bulletin at http://p2c.wilsonnc.org/dailybulletin.aspx. You can filter the results by date or by event type. So, you can access police reports and even the arrest log for the day.
- Visit the Sheriff’s Dept for your warrant inquiry: And finally, we talk about visiting the law enforcement agency for a warrant inquiry. This can be done by going to 100 E. Green St. Wilson, NC 27894-1666. You can also write to them at P.O. Box 1666. I would strongly recommend that you talk to the records/administrative clerk before heading down to the agency office. To do so, call on (252) 237-2118.
How do I get access to the criminal court records held by the judiciary?
Although the Clerk of Court’s Office keeps the local courts’ issue arrest warrants, information on these arrest orders. So, regardless of which court issues the active warrants when seeking details on these processes, you will have to approach the Clerk’s Office. You can:
- Visit them at 115 E Nash St, Wilson, NC 27894
- Write to them at PO Box 1608, Wilson, NC 27894