I will admit, I wasn’t expecting much from the website of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Dept after being disappointed by the lack of arrest records and warrants list on the portals of some of the other law enforcement agencies in the state.
But, after a cursory glance, I knew I was in what can only be called the “police blotter” heaven. You name it, and they have got it on their website. From details on arrest warrants to information on civil court cases and from their arrest log to an online offender search facility, they have it all on there why it’s practically your very own warrant search genie.
So, without further ado, let me tell you how to get detailed results for a subject-specific criminal check as well as a generic warrants list for the area from this and other state agencies.
How do I look for an arrest report and initiate a criminal court records search online?
- Get the arrest records you need: The tool at https://mecksheriffweb.mecklenburgcountync.gov/arrest can fetch you arrest reports that are a few years old. Now, how is that for calm? You will need the last name of your subject, at the least, to initiate the inquiry. If you have additional details like the first name, date of birth, you can cut down on the arrest inquiry time by finding the precise police reports you are looking for.
- Start an offender search online: The inmate search tool at https://mecksheriffweb.mecklenburgcountync.gov/ will get you details on current detainees lodged in the county jail as well as those who have been released. The information on the page includes arrest mugshots and other identifiers.
- Find details on active warrants: This tool is available at https://mecksheriffweb.mecklenburgcountync.gov/Warrant?lastName=Smith, and you can get a list of all outstanding warrants on the page or use the search facility to find the arrest warrants against your subject. Now, I was impressed by this tool. The response to the warrant inquiry gets you details on the date of issue and the charges that led to the process.
- Access details on civil processes: If the information on criminal court cases is not enough, you can also access the court docket database for civil operations. This tool is offered at https://mcsop.permitium.com/sop/searchpage. You will need the name of the litigant or the order no to access details on civil processes.
If you need information on a specific criminal event or cannot find the subject-specific details that you need, you can always pay a visit to the Sheriff’s Office at 801 E 4th St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA. I would strongly suggest that you call the agency on 704-336-8100, before taking the trouble of driving down to their office. You can also contact them through the mail by writing to the agency at 700 E. 4th St. Charlotte, NC 28202.
What other agency can I approach for a criminal check and arrest log?
As far as the judiciary is concerned, you can only approach the Clerk of Court’s Office for a background check. The paid warrant search facility can be accessed by going to the agency office in person or by writing to them. If you want to look through their court docket database, this can only be done by visiting the agency in person.
- The Clerk of Court works out of 832 East Fourth St, Charlotte, NC 28202
- You can write to the agency at PO Box 37971, Charlotte, NC 28237-7971