I have tried the website of the Sheriff’s Dept of Hoke County to find arrest records and to get a warrant search done. Unfortunately, I left empty handed both times. I will be the first to commend the office’s efforts to offer community related information. So, I was surprised by the sheer lack of details pertaining to arrest warrants and the other information that is typically a part of the police blotter.
In fact, I was expecting to easily find the warrants list from this agency but discovered that even the arrest log is impossible to come by. The truth of the matter is that there is no way to get a criminal check done or access an arrest report from either the police or the judiciary online, except for in one scenario. So, take a look at what you can do to get your hands on a warrant list in Hoke:
Can I get the police to offer criminal court records from Hoke, NC?
If you are interested in a background check, the sheriff’s department will not entertain your request for such a warrant inquiry. There are a few indirect ways to gather details from arrest reports and the police log but the information you get will certainly not be enough to compile an offender search report. That said, this is what the cops offer:
- Police reports for victims: This is one of the rare services that is offered online. You can get information on particular criminal incident as long as you have details from the case sheet provided to you at the time of the occurrence. You will need to offer, among other things, the case number and the date, time and location of occurrence. Use the form at http://www.hokecounty.net/FormCenter/Sheriffs-Department-3/Incident-Report-Request-69 for the submission.
- Arrest inquiry: You can find information on inmates by dialing 910-875-5113. You will need the full name of the inmate for the inquiry and in response, you will be given details on the charges against this individual and release bond details. Make it a point to call them between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m to avail the service.
- Active warrants search through social media: The FB page of the sheriff’s dept at https://www.facebook.com/hokecountysheriffsoffice/ does contain information on some open cases. Typically, you will get details on the criminal act and person/person involved in the crime.
If you do harbor suspicions about somebody, you can always turn to the police for information about this individual. However, such inquiries will have to be taken to the sheriff’s office in person. To do so, visit them at 429 E Central Ave, Raeford, NC 28376, USA
Will I get information on Hoke County arrest warrants from the judiciary?
You can get in touch with the office of the Clerk of Court, which is the agency responsible for helping the public with their warrants search. They will accept your warrant inquiry request through mail and in their office.
- To visit the agency, go to 304 N Main St, Raeford, NC 28376
- If you want to write to them, do so at PO Drawer 1569, Raeford, NC 28376
Unlike the police, the judiciary will charge you $25 for the offender search but you will get a certified copy of the report. Alternatively, you can make use of the public service terminals to gain access to their court docket database.