The Sheriff’s Dept of Jackson County is another agency that does not believe in helping community members with criminal court records or a warrant search. Is that counterproductive or what? You bet it is because allowing a criminal check online helps people to quell their suspicions and in the end increases the safety quotient of the community.
That said, I was surprised to see that neither an arrest log nor a warrant list is provided by this agency on their website. I know that a lot of law enforcement offices are none too keen on offering details pertaining to arrest warrants or the police blotter online. But, most have no qualms when it comes to arrest records.
At the least, people are allowed to access the arrest report for the day or inmate information or a partial warrants list in the form of a most wanted persons’ page. But, you get none of these from the cops of Jackson, certainly not on the internet. So, what can you do to get them to help you with arrest records and a warrant search? Read below:
How do I get the police to answer my request for arrest records in Jackson?
- Go to them personally: Short of visiting the office of the agency at 399 Grindstaff Cove Rd, Sylva, NC 28779, USA, you really have no other option to seek details on active warrants or arrest records from them. In fact, I highly recommend that you call them on 828-586-4355 before driving down to the agency office.
- Inquire about inmates: You may be able to get an arrest report on your subject if he is currently being held at the county detention center by talking to the officer in charge at 828-586-2458. In my opinion, they will only tell you if a particular person is currently lodged in the county jail and give you details on how to bond him out, conveniently omitting information about the charges against this person. But, it never hurts to try!
- Check the FB page of the agency: At the time of writing this articles, they had a grand total of 3 posts to their credit. But, who knows by the time you get to checking it , they may have a few arrest mug shots and even details on some, if not all, outstanding warrants, on there. If nothing else, you will end up with some community related information.
Can I get help to launch a criminal check from the judiciary of Jackson County?
In my opinion, since the sheriff’s dept. is not of much help when it comes to a background check, it is best to head to the office of the Clerk of Court. But these agencies seem to have made a unanimous decision to keep criminal court records off the World Wide Web. So, you will have to conduct your warrant inquiry the old school way. You have the option to:
- Visit them at 401 Grindstaff Cove Rd, Sylva, NC 28779 and use the public service terminals to find information on specific court cases or even a criminal court docket. The biggest advantage of this approach is that the warrant lookup is free.
- Write to the agency at the address above or request them to launch an offender search by paying the $25 fee. If you don’t have the time to sift through the data or need a certified arrest report, this is the best course of action.