Is It Even Possible To Get An Arrest Report Or A Response To A Warrant Search From Jackson County Police Or Judiciary?
The Sheriff’s Dept of Jackson County is another agency that does not believe in helping community members with criminal court records or a warrant search. Is that counterproductive or what? You bet it is because allowing a criminal check online will enable people to quell their suspicions and, in the end, increases the safety quotient of the community.
That said, I was surprised to see that this agency provides neither an arrest log nor a warrant list on their website. I know that many law enforcement offices are none too keen on offering details about arrest warrants or the police blotter online. But, most have no qualms when it comes to arresting records.
At the least, people are allowed to access the arrest report for the day or inmate information, or a partial warrants list in the form of a most wanted persons’ page. But, you get none of these from the cops of Jackson, certainly not on the internet. So, what can you do to get them to help you with arrest records and a warrant search? Read below:
How do I get the police to answer my request for arrest records in Jackson?
- Go to them personally: Short of visiting the agency’s office at 399 Grindstaff Cove Rd, Sylva, NC 28779, USA, you have no other option to seek details on active warrants or arrest records from them.
- Inquire about inmates: You may be able to get an arrest report on your subject if he is currently being held at the county detention center by talking to the officer in charge at 828-586-2458. In my opinion, they will only tell you if a particular person is currently lodged in the county jail and give you details on how to bond him out, conveniently omitting information about the charges against this person. But, it never hurts to try!
- Check the agency’s FB page: At the time of writing these articles, they had a total of 3 posts to their credit. But, who knows, by the time you get to check it, they may have a few arrest mug shots and even details on some, if not all, outstanding warrants on there. If nothing else, you will end up with some community-related information.
Can I get help to launch a criminal check from the judiciary of Jackson County?
In my opinion, since the sheriff’s dept. If not of much help when it comes to a background check, it is best to head to the Clerk of Court’s office. But these agencies seem to have made a unanimous decision to keep criminal court records off the World Wide Web. So, you will have to conduct your warrant inquiry the old-school way. You have the option to:
- Visit them at 401 Grindstaff Cove Rd, Sylva, NC 28779, and use the public service terminals to find information on specific court cases or even a criminal court docket. The most significant advantage of this approach is that the warrant lookup is free.
- Please write to the agency at the address above or request them to launch an offender search by paying the $25 fee. If you don’t have the time to sift through the data or need a certified arrest report, this is the best course of action.
Is it feasible to acquire information over the phone about Jackson County arrest warrants and recent arrests? (2021-Update)
- To learn about recent arrests, call the Detention Division of the Sheriff’s Office at – (828) 586-2458.
- For information related to a criminal investigation, call the Investigation Division at (828) 586-4480.
- For requesting an arrest report or other police reports, Administrative Division at (828) 586-4355.
- To get information on arrest warrants, contact the Magistrates Court at (828) 631-6419.
- To get help for a victim, contact the Jackson County DA’s Office at (828) 631-6410.
- For judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (828) 631-6400.
Crime statistics of Jackson County
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department received 864 criminal complaints in 2017. There were 813 property offenses and 51 crimes against people among them.
Over 300 larceny thefts, 443 burglaries, and 60 motor vehicle thefts were among the property offenses recorded. Nearly 45 aggravated assaults and 8 robberies were among the reported violent offenses.