I will end up being unfair to at least one agency if I try to give a concise answer to this one. So, what I am going to do here is tell you about the agencies that can help you with an arrest report and information on arrest warrants. Then, I will discuss which agency is best for what kind of inquiry.
When do I go to the police in Pasquotank for an arrest log or a warrant list?
Before I discuss anything else, I am going to clarify that the Sheriff’s Dept. does not handle criminal check requests. What I mean is that if you want to get a formal report that contains all the criminal court records in the name of the subject, this agency won’t help you. Also, the agency is not required to show their police blotter to the public. That said, this is when I would ask you to approach the police:
- If you find the activities of somebody who you know or have recently been introduced to suspicious and would like to find out about any outstanding warrants that this person may have against him/her.
- If you want to employ somebody in an occupational sector that does not mandatorily require a background check. However, if you want to know if this person has had recent problems with the law and would like to launch an arrest inquiry to do so, the police can help.
- If you want a generic warrants list or arrest log. In fact for this, you don’t have to go to the office of the sheriff in person. You can access the most wanted page on the website of the Sheriff’s Dept and compile your own list of active warrants.
- If you want to know about recent arrests made by Pasquotank police or would like to know if a person is currently being held in the county jail, approaching the sheriff’s office would be the best bet.
The law enforcement agency works out of 200 E Colonial Ave, Elizabeth City, NC 27909, USA.
When do I turn to the judiciary for a criminal check in Pasquotank?
Even before I answer that question, let me tell you that it is the office of the Clerk of Court that is in charge of maintaining criminal court records as well as information on civil court cases. So, whether it is data pertaining to the issue of active warrants or the eventual arrest reports, this agency has them all. Plus, they have been given the responsibility of handling criminal check requests that come from the public.
So, unlike the police, these guys won’t just send you back with a brief “yes or no” answer to your arrest and warrant inquiry. Instead, these guys will actually give you a certified report in response to your offender search.
The warrant lookup that this agency initiates is not based on fingerprints, so it is not a positive identification search. But, the name and DOB based inquiry will get you the arrest records and information on all arrest warrants issued in Pasquotank County.
They charge $25 for the warrant search and if you are there at their office in person, you can get the results of your inquiry within 10-15 minutes. You can also mail in your warrant inquiry request. For this, you can:
- Call on the agency at 206 E Main St, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
- Write to them at PO Box 449, Elizabeth City, NC 27907