I could not get a warrant search done through the website of the Sheriff’s Dept of Transylvania County, but I was happy that the time spent on the portal did get me something in return. For starters, I am going to tell you that you will be able to find arrest records with relative ease.
Because the agency offers an inmate search feature on their website, you can get an arrest report in the name of your subject as long as he is still in the County Jail. Plus, the information can be used to compile a recent arrest log.
Also, you will find details on select arrest warrants through the most wanted list. I agree that this is hardly the complete police blotter or even the warrants list of the agency. But, something is better than nothing! So, let me discuss how you can access this information:
How do I launch a warrant search or find arrest records from Transylvania County?
- For your arrest reports, I suggest you use the tool I discussed earlier. It is available at http://dcn.transylvaniacounty.org/dcn/. You will be able to launch your offender search by name, detention date or charge. You can also access the complete list of inmates if needed. The search results will include arrest mug shots, identifier details and information on the charges against the detainee.
- The most wanted list, which was also covered earlier, used to be available under the Services Menu, and identified as “The 10 Most Wanted Page”. The page is still mentioned under the new website and may make a reappearance, so be sure to check back under http://tcsonc.org/news.
- I also recommend that you check the Facebook page of the agency (https://www.facebook.com/Transylvania-County-Sheriffs-Office-140778709273916/) for details on outstanding warrants as well as their arrest log. They don’t post information on all arrests or warrants, but the details offered are enough to compile a small detentions and warrant list.
- Finally, you have the option to go to the sheriff’s office for the warrant inquiry. But, I would only recommend this approach to those who don’t have any active warrants in their own name. Remember a trip to a judicial or a law enforcement office will culminate in your arrest if you have a warrant out against you. That said, the Sheriff’s Office works out of 153 Public Safety Way, Brevard, NC 28712, USA.
The law enforcement agency also offers community crime alerts. However, you will need to register for this service. Visit the website of the sheriff at http://www.tcsonc.org/, scroll down the homepage and you will find the link to “Community Crime Alerts”.
Can I get details on arrest warrants and an arrest report from the judicial offices of Transylvania?
Actually, when you need a background check done, this is the approach that Ids ask you to take. Neither the Magistrate’s Court nor the Superior Court will directly handle your request for a warrant search. So, you will need to approach the Clerk of Court for the warrant roundup. You can do this in two ways:
- Pay for the service; the fee is $25, which can be paid in cash at the counter or you can send it in the form of a check or money order to 7 East Main St, Brevard, NC 28712.
- Drive down to the office of the Clerk and use the public service computers in the lobby to search through their court docket database.