Although I could not find a warrant list on the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Dept website, I could easily find recent arrests. They offer their arrest log with photographs of the detainees. Unfortunately, they are not so generous with the other knowledge in the police blotter.
If you are looking for a warrants list online, you will certainly not get it from this portal. The site does not have the facility to initiate a warrant search online. So, if you seek information on arrest warrants from Lenoir, you will have to take your search to the judiciary. Then again, I have found the Clerk of Court’s office does not offer a warrant list either, sticking instead to subject-specific criminal check reports.
What part of criminal court records are available through the sheriff’s dept. Of Lenoir?
- Visit the agency for a warrant inquiry: The Sheriff’s Office has a division dedicated to handling criminal court records. Deputies from this branch of the law enforcement agency will accept your request for a background check. However, you will have to go to the agency’s office at 130 South Queen Street, Kinston, NC 28502.
You can write to them at Post Office Box 3289. But, I highly recommend that you don’t only send out your warrant search request to them. Instead, talk to the agency at 252-559-6100 and ask them about the criminal check procedure.
- Initiate the arrest inquiry online: As I mentioned earlier, you can use the inmate search tool to access arrest records. This facility is offered at https://www.lenoircountysheriff.com/media. Scroll down the page, and to your right-hand side, you will see a tab that reads “Jail Arrest Photos,” click on it, and you will be redirected to a page that has arrest mugshots and other information on detainees.
- Compile a warrant list through FB posts: The Sheriff’s Office has its FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Lenoir.County.Sheriffs.Office/. Their posts include recent arrest reports and details on the most wanted persons of the county. This can be used to gather information on some of the outstanding warrants issued by the local courts.
How do I find an arrest report through the judiciary of Lenoir, NC?
The Office of the Clerk of Superior Court is the agency that accepts warrant search requests from community members. They offer this service in two ways. Before I elaborate on this, let me tell you that criminal court records are not the same as police reports.
While the former has information on active warrants, arrest records, trial details, verdict, and incarceration information, the police log contains crime specific data. However, if you are looking for a background check report, access to the court docket database is all you will need. For this, you can:
- Go to the Clerk of Court office at 130 S Queen St, Kinston, NC 28501. Once there, ask to use the public service computers. You will not be charged for this service and will be able to access information on as many court cases as you like. The other way is to ask the agency to conduct the criminal search on your behalf. This will set you back by $25, but the certified report justifies the cost.
- If you can afford to wait for a few days to receive a response to your warrant inquiry, send in your request through mail to PO Box 68, Kinston, NC 28501. You will get more information on this from the NC courts website at http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/GoToCourt/Obtainsingle.asp.