What Are Your Options To Get Criminal Court Records Or A Warrants List In Beaufort County, North Carolina?
At the very outset, I will shoot down the option of going to the sheriff’s dept to access the police blotter. I am doing this for two reasons:
- Although the cops keep information on all arrest warrants issued in Beaufort County, NC, they are unlikely to share it with civilians unless there is an excellent reason to do so.
Unfortunately, a simple warrant check is not an adequate reason to get the cops to look up a random person’s criminal records. That said, if you suspect that somebody you know may pose a threat to you or your loved ones, of course, they will entertain your suspicion and check out the person of interest.
- Not everybody wants to know about the active warrants in the name of third parties. I am trying to say here that you may very well want to know about any arrest warrants in your name. If this is the case, I certainly will not risk going to the cops.
How do I connect with Beaufort police to get a warrant list or an arrest log?
- Visit the sheriff’s office at 210 N. Market St. Washington, NC 27889, and speak to a deputy from the records division. You can also write to the agency at [email protected].
- If you want to know if your subject is currently being held in the county jail, visit the detention center at 112 W. 2nd St, Washington, NC 27889. You can also use the agency’s website http://www.beaufortcountysheriff.org/divisions/beaufort-county-detention-center/visitation-information/ to find details about visitation, administration, etc.
What other agencies can I go to for an arrest report from Beaufort?
It is also possible to seek a background check from the Clerk of Court and the State Bureau of Investigation. However, there is a difference in the services that these agencies offer:
County-only criminal records search: I always go to the office of the clerk when in need of information about crimes that have occurred within their geographical jurisdiction. For instance, if you want to know about arrest records or active warrants from Beaufort, this is the office to go to.
The clerk of court works out of 112 W Second St, Washington, NC 27889-1403. You can get a certified copy of the criminal check report for $25, or you can look up the details on your own by using the public service computers at the agency office.
The full name of the subject is an essential search criterion. You can still narrow down the results using additional parameters like the date of birth and social security number. For certified reports, you will need to fill out the form at http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/112.pdf and mail it to PO Box 1403, Washington, NC 27889-1403. I would suggest this facility to anybody interested in a third-party warrant check.
Statewide background check: The State Bureau of Investigation offers this service. Also, a paid facility, the difference here is that the agency only provides personal criminal records, so you cannot initiate a third-party inquiry. This is also a fingerprint-based search, and the results include information on active warrants and arrest records from all 100 counties. Details about the service are available on the website of the agency at http://ncsbi.gov/Home.aspx.
How do you get information about Beaufort County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- To get an accident report, incident report, or arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (252) 946-7111.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court at (252) 940-4019.
- To get information about recent arrests and prisoner arrest records, call the Beaufort County Detention Center at (252) 946-7113.
- To get court dates for criminal cases and information on how to obtain criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (252) 940-4000.
Crime statistics of Beaufort County
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office received 508 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 470 criminal misdemeanors and 38 felonies.
There were 264 larceny thefts, 186 burglaries, and 20 car thefts in the category of misdemeanor crimes. There were 29 aggravated assaults and 8 robberies among the reported felonies.