Robeson County Sheriff’s Dept is another agency that does not believe in offering arrest records or a warrant search facility online. A visit to their website got me absolutely nothing except for their contact information and the address of the County Jail.
For a person interested in a criminal check, this means but one thing, either you will need to find details on arrest warrants through a private agency or take your inquiry on criminal court records to a judicial agency.
That said, the judiciary does not keep the police blotter nor do they maintain the warrants list for the area. So, you will get an arrest report from them but if you interested in the day’s arrest log or a complete warrant list for the County, you will not get this information from any state agency.
How do I access criminal court records and/or an arrest report in Robeson?
There are two reasons why people seek information on arrest and active warrants. They either want to keep themselves in the loop about the criminal occurrences in their part of town or they need a background search done in the name of a specific individual.
- If you are looking for generic information, you may not be able to get your hands on all the arrest warrants issued in criminal matters by the courts of Robeson. However, the police can offer a list of the area’s most wanted.
Although they have a webpage on their site for the release of this date, at the time of writing this article, it was still under construction. Meanwhile, you may want to check their Facebook page for a list provided at https://www.facebook.com/rcso3100/
Another way to access police reports is to find details on cold cases. This page is also currently under construction but may have information on it later. So, take a look at it on http://www.robesoncoso.org/Mort/information/cold-cases/.
- If you want subject-specific information, you have to call on the office of the Sheriff in person. To do so, visit 120 Legend Rd, Lumberton, NC 28358, USA. They will not accept requests for a formal criminal check but they will tell you if a person was ever detained by them, is currently being held in custody or has active warrants to his name. In fact, they will take things one step further and detain the subject if he/she has outstanding warrants against him/her.
- If you want current arrest records, I would suggest that you try the County Detention Facility. The deputies at the Detention Center will not only be able to tell you if a person is currently being held at the facility but will also be able to provide information on the charges and the bail amount. To get in touch with the County Jail authorities, go to 122 Legend Road, Lumberton, NC 28358.
What kind of help will I receive from the judiciary if I approach them for details on arrest warrants?
I will tell you why the police will only give you limited information in response to your warrant search or arrest inquiry. The law enforcement agency is not obligated to do an offender search for you. In essence, these guys are doing us a favor by even considering the request for the criminal search. In contrast, the Clerk of Court has been entrusted the job of offering criminal court records to community members. You can connect with the agency by visiting their office or by writing to them.
- Their main office is located at 500 North Elm St, Rm 101, Lumberton, NC 28359-1084
- Their alternate office is located at 120 Glen Cowan Dr, Lumberton, NC 28360
- To write to them, use the address: PO Box 1084, Lumberton, NC 28359-1084