Who Should You Approach For Arrest Records And A Warrant Search In Yadkin, NC?
Yadkin County has a Community Watch Program in place. Yet, local law enforcement chooses to keep vital crime-related data from their police blotter away from the public. If you were to ask me, I’d say they are doing themselves and the excellent community disservice by keeping information on arrest records and arrest warrants under wraps.
The only information I could find on their web page was their address and phone number. This has led me to believe that these guys won’t be very receptive to a criminal check request. They may send you straight to the Office of the Clerk of Court.
That said, I would still tell you to go to the cops for a warrant search because, if nothing else, you can be sure that your subject will be picked up immediately if he/she figures in their warrants list. So, let us get straight to ways in which you can get access to criminal court records online and offline.
How do I get an arrest report or a warrant list for Yadkin from the Police?
- The straightest and most straightforward approach is to drive down to 210 East Hemlock St, Yadkinville, NC 27055, and talk to somebody from the administrative division. They will not do a background search for you, but you will find out if the person of interest is currently lodged in their Detention Facility or has ever been on the wrong side of the law, which led to the issue of active warrants. Don’t just go knocking on their door; I would ask you to call the agency first on (336) 679-4217 to understand the process they follow to offer this data.
- You can also find information on current inmates by contacting the County Jail. The facility is located at 205 East Cherry Street, Yadkinville, NC 27055, and you can reach them on 336-679-4217.
- The information you get from the agency’s social media posts on https://www.facebook.com/YADKINCOUNTYSHERIFF/ can be used to compile a warrant list or arrest log. You will find arrest mugshots and other information on this page.
If you want your offender search to cover the state of North Carolina and not just be restricted to Yadkin County, I will point you to the DPS webpage at http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view. Yes, that is the criminal check tool that can be used to get details on all people who have done time in NC Correctional Facilities.
What information can I get from the judiciary in response to a criminal check?
The Clerk of Court’s office maintains the central court docket repository, which means nothing is hidden from the agency’s guys. Although you won’t be given the police reports for a criminal matter, you will get almost all other information connected with the incident. Plus, this agency will accept a paid background check request for $25. Approaching this agency is easy:
- You can go to their office at 101 S State St, Yadkinville, NC 27055
- You can send in your queries through mail at PO Box 95, Yadkinville, NC 27055
When at the office, I would suggest that you take advantage of the public service terminals and search through their court cases database. This can be done for free, and you get access to information about civil and criminal court cases.