I would say almost 90% of the law enforcement agencies in the country offer some amount of information pertaining to arrest records and their warrants list on the internet. Only about 10 of the police departments withhold all information pertaining to arrest warrants and criminal acts in general from community members. Well, the Hyde County Sheriff’s Dept happens to be in that 10%.
Forget about the police blotter, an arrest log or a warrant list, this agency does not have its independent website. All you get is a webpage with their contact information on it. So, it’s a no brainer that you are not going to get your criminal check done online at least through these guys. This, I am sure, spurs the question, is there another way to access criminal court records or to get a warrant search done? Continue reading to find out…
What can I do to get the Sheriff’s Dept. of Hyde to help me with arrest records?
There are 4 ways in which you can get in touch with the sheriff’s office for a possible warrant inquiry and to gain access to arrest reports. You can:
- Go to the agency office at 1223 Main Street, Swan Quarter, NC 27885. The sheriff’s department works out of the Public Safety Center at the address.
- Call them on 252- 926-3171. Although I am quite sure that they will not accept requests for a background search over the phone, I would still tell you to call them and discuss the procedure before actually driving down to their office.
- Write to them at P.O. Box 189, Swan Quarter, NC 27885. Once again, I suggest that you call them beforehand to understand how to go about initiating the warrant search through mail. In all likelihood, you will need to fill out a specific form and may be charged a small fee for the police records.
- E-mail them at [email protected] to first inquire about the process and then to place your request for the arrest inquiry.
You can find a few arrest mugshots on the FB page of the sheriff’s dept at https://www.facebook.com/Hyde-County-Sheriffs-Office-209178269618845/. But, generally, the posts of the agency are limited to community news and information on what the police are doing to keep the area safe.
Will I get any help in my search for arrest warrants from Hyde County judiciary or any other agency?
It is possible to conduct a criminal check through the Clerk of Superior Court of Hyde County. You can get access to their court docket database almost free of charge if you are willing to go to their office in person. You can find information on the court cases you need by using the visitor service terminals.
If you don’t have a problem paying for the arrest log, spend $25 and opt for the assisted warrant search service. You can avail this facility by writing to the agency or visiting them.
- To approach the office in person, go to 40 Oyster Creek Road, Swan Quarter, NC 27885
- Send in your requests for arrest warrants to PO Box 337, Swan Quarter, NC 27885
To access arrest records from the Hyde Correctional Center, you can use the offender search tool offered by the DPS at http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view. However, this is a statewide search for incarcerated offenders. So, the information will go beyond the geographical bounds of Hyde County.